- Research Excellence Framework (REF)
- London School of Geometry and Number Theory (LSGNT)
EPSRC award offers new PhD opportunities in pure mathematics
- Helen Wilson and Adam Townsend publish a paper on 'The Physics of Chocolate Fountains'
UCL Department of Mathematics
Many congratulations to the following who have recently had successful PhD vivas:
1. Ashley Whitfield (supervisor Ted Johnson): Nonlinear dynamics of wave packets within the framework of the Ostrovsky equation and its generalisations.
2. Dimitrios Chatzakos (supervisor Yiannis Petridis): Lattice point problems in the hyperbolic plane.
3. Rosemary Penny (co-supervised by Robert Bowles with Dr Noemie Bouhana, Dept. Security and Crime Science): Developing mathematical models of complex social processes: radicalisation and criminality development.
Published: Sep 15, 2016 12:10:01 PM