Collection Management and Special Projects
020 7679 2625
Library Services is a multi-site operation providing services to users via teams of specialist subject librarians. Subject Librarian teams mirror the UCL Faculty Structure for:
- Arts and Humanities
- Social and Historical Sciences
- Maths and Physical Sciences
The Group Manager has responsibility for the services provided on non-central sites and for ensuring appropriate subject support across UCL.
Bibliographic Services is made up of four Sections, which are responsible for collection management activities:
- Cataloguing Operations: acquiring, cataloguing and processing monographs and textbooks on behalf of the central Bloomsbury sites
- Periodicals: managing print subscriptions on behalf of the central Bloomsbury sites and providing a UCL-wide electronic journals service .
- Binding Preparation: organising the binding and repair of books and journals
- Teaching & Learning Support: administering the Teaching Collection and Studypacks services and providing the Online Reading Lists and Electronic Exam Papers services
Bibliographic Services is also responsible for setting and monitoring standards across UCL Library Services and for providing training and support for staff at sites which undertake their own acquisitions and cataloguing.
Financial Services is responsible for the management, control and reporting of financial information within the Library, the wider UCL community and to external bodies.
Financial activities include:
- The day to day running of the accounts department such as the processing of book invoices; purchasing cards and petty cash.
- Supporting central finance in the preparation of aspects of the annual financial statements.
- Preparing and monitoring the annual Library budget with quarterly forecasts.
- The management of Library related finance projects.
- The management and delivery of financial information which encompasses the coordination of the SCONUL statistical return, production of key performance indicators and financial analysis.
The IT Services Group maintains infrastructure that helps all users of the Library to find, access and use its resources, and supports the work of Library staff in delivering services. The Group's work encompasses:
- Library systems management
- Management of the UCL Library Services web site and Library staff intranet
- Digital curation
- Research publications management
- Identity and access management
- Desktop computing support and IT training for UCL Library Services staff
- The management and coordination of IT development projects to enable new services
Planning & Resources is responsible for the planning and management of Library resources in the areas of:
- Human resources
- Estate matters
- Health and Safety
- UCL Records Office
It is also responsible for:
- The circulation of Library materials.
- The admission of readers to the Library.
- Enquiry services.
- Coordinating the development of the Library's Web pages.
- Coordinating education & training for Library users.
- Reshelving of Library materials.
- Interlending & Document Supply services.
- Photocopying services.
Top of page
Last modified 30 October 2012