- Who was Jeremy Bentham?
- News and Events
- Bentham Texts Online
- Transcribe Bentham
- Research Tools
Bentham Texts Online
- The Book of Fallacies: From Unfinished Papers of Jeremy Bentham
- Church-of-Englandism and Its Catechism Examined
Defence of Usury
- From McMaster University, Canada
- From University of Bristol, UK
- From University of Melbourne, Australiahttps://www.ucl.ac.uk/silva/Bentham-Project/tools/bentham_texts_online/edit/tab_edit
- From AKAMAC E-text Links, Japan
- From University of Paris 1, France
- From The Library of Economics and Liberty, USA
- A Fragment on Government
- Elements of the Art of Packing
- Essay on the Promulgation of the Laws
Introduction to the Principles of Morals and Legislation
- Jeremy Bentham to the National Convention of France
- A Manual of Political Economy
- Nomography: or the Art of Inditing Laws; the appendix on Logical Arrangements
- Observations on the Restrictive and Prohibitory Commercial System; Especially with a Reference to the Decree of the Spanish Cortes of July 1820
- Offences Against One's Self
- Of the Influence of Time and Place in Matters of Legislation
- On the Liberty of the Press, and Public Discussion (Four letters to the Spanish people)
- Panopticon Letters
- Pannomial Fragments
- The Principles of the Civil Code
- Principles of International Law
- Principles of Legislation Large file downloads as pdf
- A Protest against Law Taxes
- Rationale of Punishment
- Rationale of Reward
- Supply Without Burden; or Escheat vice Taxation: Being a Proposal for a Saving of Taxes by an Extension of the Law of Escheat, Including Strictures on the Taxes on Collateral Succession comprised in the Budget of 7th December 1795
- A Table of the Springs of Action
- Three tracts relative to Spanish and Portugueze affairs with a continual eye to English ones
- Truth versus Ashhurst
Benthamiana; Or, Select Extracts from the Works of Jeremy Bentham: With an Outline of His Opinions on the Principal Subjects Discussed in his Works edited by John Hill Burton and published in 1844
- The Collected Works
and the Correspondence
Vols. 1-10, (edited by the Bentham Project and published by Oxford University
Press) in an electronic version available by subscription from Intelex Past Masters.
Available to UCL staff and students here.
The Works of Jeremy Bentham, published under the Superintendence of his Executor, John Bowring (Edinburgh: William Tait, 1843). 11 vols.
Transcripts from original manuscripts may be viewed online in the UK Data Archive (of the AHDS History).
- Catalogue of Bentham manuscripts via the A2A database of the UK archives network.