- Who Was Jeremy Bentham?
- About the Bentham Project
- Collected Works of Jeremy Bentham
- Corrections to the Collected Works of Jeremy Bentham
- Works In Progress
- Eight Leaflets on Aspects of Bentham's Thought and Life
- Bentham Blog
- Athlone Press Offer
- Bentham Texts Online
- Transcribe Bentham
- Research Tools
- International Society for Utilitarian Studies
- News, Events, & Benthamiana
- Videos, Podcasts, & More
- Bentham Project Blog
Eight Leaflets on Aspects of Bentham's Thought and Life
In November 2007, four new leaflets were produced by the Bentham Project with the support of UCL Futures (now UCL Annual Fund). These leaflets were reproduced and reprinted in 2010 with the assistance of UCL Corporate Communications. The leaflets may be seen in pdf format below.
- every individual in the country tells for one; no individual for more than one. Bentham on democracy.
- the common end of every person's education is happiness. Bentham on education.
- the more strictly we are watched the better we behave. Bentham on the Panopticon.
- religion is an engine, invented by corruptionists, at the command of tyrants, for the manufactory of dupes. Bentham on religion
The Bentham Project also produced three leaflets on aspects of Bentham's life and thought in 2006 (reproduced in 2010):
- the greatest happiness of the greatest number — Bentham's life, his writings, his legacy and the work of the Bentham Project.
- all inequality is a source of evil — Bentham's arguments in favour of equality.
- A Bentham Walk — Explore Bentham's London
Page last modified on 14 apr 11 17:08