- Who was Jeremy Bentham?
- News and Events
- Bentham Texts Online
- Transcribe Bentham
- Research Tools
Corrections to the Collected Works of Jeremy Bentham
Despite the best efforts of the Bentham Project to produce faultless texts, a number of errors have been discovered in Collected Works volumes. The Bentham Committee, in pursuance of its policy of openness and transparency in regard to such errors as have arisen, has therefore provided a list of them below.
Most of these errors are of an extremely minor nature, many are in editorial material rather than in Bentham's texts, and only very rarely affect the sense of the passage in question. As volumes in the Collected Works are reprinted, the relevant emendations are made by Oxford University Press. Hence, some of the errors listed here have already been corrected in later reprints.
The General Editor would welcome communications informing them of any errors in volumes not noticed here.
- Correspondence I
- Correspondence IV
- Correspondence V
- Correspondence VI
- Correspondence VIII
- Correspondence IX
- Correspondence X - Corrections for the letters in French.
- Correspondence X - Other corrections.
- Correspondence XI
- Correspondence XII
- An Introduction to the Principles of Morals and Legislation
- Colonies, Commerce and Constitutional Law
- Constitutional Code, vol.1
- First Principles preparatory to Constitutional Code
- "Legislator of the World". Writings on Codification, Law, and Education
- Official Aptitude Maximized; Expense Minimized
- Of Laws in General
- Political Tactics
- Rights, Representation, and Reform: Nonsense upon Stilts and other writings for the French Revolution
- Securities against Misrule
- Writings on the Poor Laws