- Who was Jeremy Bentham?
- News and Events
- Collected Works of Jeremy Bentham
- Rights, Representation, and Reform - Nonsense upon Stilts and Other Writings on the French Revolution
- A Comment on the Commentaries and A Fragment on Government
- An Introduction to the Principles of Morals and Legislation
- Of Laws in General
- Deontology together with A Table of the Springs of Action and Article on Utilitarianism
- Constitutional Code
- First Principles preparatory to Constitutional Code
- Securities against Misrule and other Constitutional Writings for Tripoli and Greece
- Official Aptitude Maximized; Expense Minimized
- Colonies, Commerce, and Constitutional Law: Rid Yourselves of Ultramaria and other writings on Spain and Spanish America
- "Legislator of the World": Writings on Codification, Law, and Education
- Political Tactics
- Writings on the Poor Laws
- Corrections to the Collected Works of Jeremy Bentham
- Works In Progress
- Nine Leaflets on Aspects of Bentham's Thought and Life
- Athlone Press Offer
- Collected Works of Jeremy Bentham
- Bentham Texts Online
- Transcribe Bentham
- Research Tools
- New Directions in Bentham Studies Symposium
Collected Works of Jeremy Bentham
The Collected Works of Jeremy Bentham, ed. J. H. Burns (1961-79), J. R. Dinwiddy (1977-83), F. Rosen (1983-94), F. Rosen and P. Schofield (1995-2003), P. Schofield (2003-), London and Oxford.
Since 1968, twenty-eight volumes (of an anticipated 70 volumes) of the new collected works have been published.
- On the Liberty of the Press, and Public Discussion and Other Legal and Political Writings for Spain and Portugal (2012)
- Church-of-Englandism and its Catechism Examined (2011)
- Writings on the Poor Laws, vol. 2 (2010)
- Of the Limits of the Penal Branch of Jurisprudence (2010)
- Rights, Representation, and Reform - Nonsense upon Stilts and Other Writings on the French Revolution (2002)
- Writings on the Poor Laws, vol. 1 (2001)
- Political Tactics (1999)
- "Legislator of the World". Writings on Codification, Law, and Education (1998)
- Colonies, Commerce and Constitutional Law (1995)
- Official Aptitude Maximized (1993)
- Securities against Misrule(1990)
- First Principles preparatory to Constitutional Code(1989)
- Deontology (1983)
- Chrestomathia (1983)
- Constitutional Code, vol. 1 (1983)
- A Comment on the Commentaries and A Fragment on Government (1977)
- An Introduction to the Principles of Morals and Legislation (1970 with new intro 1996)
- Of Laws in General (1970)
- The Correspondence - Vols. 1- 12 (1968-2006)
The Collected Works are in print and can be ordered from bookshops. Alternatively they can be ordered from the publishers.
Tel: 020 7670 1407
Email: Anna Schüle
For those published by the Clarendon Press/Oxford University Press: Oxford University Press, Saxon Way West, Corby, Northants, NN18 9ES. United Kingdom. Tel: +44 (0)1536 741519 24 hour credit card hotline: +44 (0)1536 454534 Fax: +44 (0)1536 746337
The Old Radical: Representations of Jeremy Bentham is published and supplied by the Bentham Project. Slides and photographs are also available. Contact: Dr Tim Causer, Bentham Project, University College London, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom Tel: 44 020 7679 3608.
Remember: members of the International Society for Utilitarian Studies (ISUS) receive a substantial discount on these books, and on related publications.
The Complete Works and the Correspondence Vols. 1-10, (edited by the Bentham Project and published by Oxford University Press) in an electronic version available by subscription from Intelex Past Masters. Available to UCL staff and students here.