- Who was Jeremy Bentham?
- News and Events
- Bentham Texts Online
- Transcribe Bentham
- Research Tools
- New Directions in Bentham Studies Symposium
International Society for Utilitarian Studies
The International Society for Utilitarian Studies reflects the world-wide interest in the Bentham Project, the expansion of Bentham studies, and the growing interest in utilitarianism. The aims of this body are to further the work of the Bentham Project in making available all of Bentham's writings in modern scholarly editions; to organize seminars and conferences on topics relevant to lawyers, philosophers, political scientists and historians; to provide a forum for debate and research on utilitarianism and its present-day relevance in the fields of legal, political and social reform.
The Society aims to draw its membership from as wide a field as possible and thus stimulate a useful exchange of ideas on historical and contemporary issues. Membership is free and members are entitled to the following benefits:
- Periodic newsletters including information on conferences and meetings organised by the Society and associated organisations.
- Discounts of 25% from Oxford University Press on the Collected Works of Jeremy Bentham and related publications.
- SPECIAL OFFER of Collected Works volumes published by Athlone Press.
- Individual and institutional subscription to Utilitas, the journal of the Society, and the leading academic forum for those interested in utilitarian studies is highly recommended.
All correspondence with the Society should be addressed to: Professor Philip Schofield, Honorary Secretary, International Society for Utilitarian Studies, c\o The Bentham Project, Faculty of Laws, University College London, Bentham House, 4-8 Endsleigh Gardens, London, WC1H 0EG UK.
Tel: 020 7679 1457 or 020 7679 1407
Fax: 020 7679 1424