The Bentham Project is delighted to announce the 2014 programme of Bentham Seminars.
The seminars are free to attend and open to all. They take place in Seminar Room 8 of the Gideon Schreier Wing of Bentham House, Faculty of Laws, University College London. How to find Bentham House.
Unless noted, seminars take place on Wednesdays between 11am and 1pm.
The full programme is as follows:
- 22 January 2014 N.B. this seminar will start at 5pm: Professor David Lieberman (University of California, Berkeley), Bentham and the Conventions of English Radicalism
- 12 March 2014: Professor G.J. Postema (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill), Bentham's 'Revisionist' Positivism
- 19 March 2014: Dr Kris Grint (Bentham Project, UCL), 'A monopoly of spiritual domination': Bentham, secularism and James Mill's political thought
- 26 March 2014: Professor Xiaobo Zhai (Bentham Project, UCL/Zhengzhou University), Bentham's Exposition of Common Law
A PDF poster of the programme is available to download.
For further information, please contact Phil Baker:
- Tel: (+44) (0)20 7679 1478
- Email: email@example.com
For information on previous seminars, please visit out news and events archive.