- Who Was Jeremy Bentham?
- About the Bentham Project
- Bentham Texts Online
- Transcribe Bentham
- Research Tools
- International Society for Utilitarian Studies
- News, Events, & Benthamiana
- Videos, Podcasts, & More
- Bentham Project Blog
News, Events, & Benthamiana
- 2013 Bentham Seminars: papers by Alessandro Vassilis Hatzihristou Kellis (European University Institute, Florence), and Dr Huei-chun Su (UCL). They begin on 6 March 2013. All welcome!
- Just published - Jeremy Bentham: Prophet of Secularism by Philip Schofield (80th Conway Memorial Lecture, 2011).
- Volume 14 of the Journal of Bentham Studies has been published, featuring papers by Michael Quinn, Philip Steadman, and Vincent-Emmanuel Mathon.
- The Bentham Project has been awarded a grant of $538,000 by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, for a project entitled The Consolidated Bentham Papers Repository.
- The latest volume of The Collected Works of Jeremy Bentham has been published by Oxford University Press: On the Liberty of the Press, and Public Discussion and Other Legal and Political Writings for Spain and Portugal, edited by Catherine Pease-Watkin and Philip Schofield.
- Tribute to Catherine Fuller, 1947-2011.
- Report from the International Symposium on Bentham's Legal Philosophy, Zhengzhou University, 12 and 13 May 2012.
- Bentham artwork to be installed alongside the auto-icon, 18 April 2012.
- Professor Philip Schofield talks about Jeremy Bentham's Utilitarianism on the Philosophy Bites podcast. Download and listen to it here.
- 2012 Bentham Seminars include papers by Dr Emmanulle de Champs (Paris VIII), Dr Tim Causer (UCL), James Shafe (UCL), Prof Claire Grant (Leicester), and Prof James Murphy (Dartmouth College). They begin on 29 February. For more details, see here. All welcome!
- ISUS XII Call for Papers: The 12th Conference of the International Society for Utilitarian Studies will be held from 8-11 August 2012 at the Stern School of Business, New York University. Proposals for papers and sessions are welcome - please see here for further details (deadline of 15 March).
- New Directions in Bentham Studies: An International Symposium, will be held at Bentham House, UCL, on 9 December 2011. To register your attendance and for more details, see here.
- Professor Philip Schofield, Director of the Bentham Project, gave this year's Conway Memorial Lecture at Conway Hall, on 26 October 2011, entitled 'Jeremy Bentham: Prophet of Secularism'. You can listen to a podcast of the lecture and the ensuing Q & A here, and an interview with Professor Schofield, courtesy of the Pod Delusion podcast here.
- Call for Papers: European Network of Utilitarian Scholars international seminar on Bentham and Cadiz', Granada, 27-28 October 2011.
- Programme for conference on Global Justice, Private Morality and Utilitarian Perspectives, Rome, Italy, June 20 2011.
- Call for Papers for the 11th international conference of the International Society for Utilitarian Studies (ISUS), June 2011
- Bright Club podcast about Bentham featuring Dr Valerie Wallace and comedian Helen Keen. Listen here.
- Second video in the Understanding Bentham series, featuring Professor Philip Schofield. Watch here.
- New video featuring Professor Doug Long talking about Bentham. Watch here.
- New video about the Bentham Project's editorial work and the Transcribe Bentham initiative! Watch here.
- Jeremy Bentham: Selected Writings, edited by Stephen Engelmann.
- Transcribe Bentham was launched on 8 September 2010.
- The Bentham Project, in conjunction with UCL Centre for Digital Humanities, UCL Department of Information Studies, and UCL Library Services have secured £260,000 funding from the Arts and Humanities Research Council’s highly competitive Digital Equipment and Database Enhancement for Impact (DEDEFI) scheme in order to start the Bentham Papers Transcription Initiative.
- Professor Schofield gave Lunch Hour Lecture on Bentham's Corpse and Corpus on Thursday 11 February, marking the anniversary of UCL's foundation on the 11 February 1826.
- Bentham on the Radio in 1937
- Into the blogosphere: Jeremy boldly goes
- Four leaflets on aspects of the thought of Jeremy Bentham
Page last modified on 22 jan 13 17:25