Dr Jan Boehm: Senior Lecturer
Dept of Civil, Environ &Geomatic Eng
Faculty of Engineering Science
Jan Boehm's research focuses on photogrammetry, image understanding and robotics. With his background in Computer Science he wants to bridge the remaining gap between photogrammetry and computer vision. The latter provides key components to increased productivity in the geomatic processing pipeline. In past projects he already successfully leveraged the productivity in terrestrial laser scanning by introducing automation to georeferencing by direct georeferencing, automated registration using intensity features and automated modelling strategies.
- 3D Imaging
- Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Building Information Models from monitoring and simulation data in heritage buildings
- EU COSCH - Colour and Space in Cultural Heritage, Working Group II: Spatial Object Documentation.
- The Light Controlled Factory
- Vision-based Infrastructure Monitoring
- iQmulus: A High-volume Fusion and Analysis Platform for Geospatial Point Clouds, Coverages and Volumetric Data Sets